Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A specialty of the Tejanos Mexican-American restaurant in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Perfect for fun food!
- 5 fresh bratwursts, grilled (Johnsonville is a great brand)
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup salsa (your favorite)
- Grill brats over warm coals until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Warm tortillas briefly in the microwave, until softened.
- On flour tortilla, place a cooked brat, some of the cheese, lettuce, onion, and tomato; top with salsa.
- Serve at once.
Very fun and different! I used ground bratwurst and it worked wonderfully. I topped it with avocado and sour cream which tasted great as well. I think next time I may mix the lettuce and onions with the sour cream. Will make this again.
Very tasty meal! These were easy to prepare and were even better than I expected. Will make these again and again. I didn't have onion but think that would add even more to the meal, especially if they were grilled. This recipe would be great for tailgating and something to change it up from the regular brats and buns. Thank you for sharing!
Update: This has become a staple for me. I make it regularly especially for company. Everyone who has had it is surprised and says they made it for themselves later. Again, AWESOME! This was an excellent surprise. My wife and I made these together. I had two of the tacos and was stuffed. Easily serve one per family member with a small side of beans and/or tortilla chips. The flavor was out of this world and I was incredibly happy to have tried it. The only difference was that we did grill the onions in slices with the brats. Thanks so much much for an unusual, tasty meal.