Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very flavorful, and hearty soup. It is great comfort food for those really cold nights. I made this for a Lent Soup/Salad dinner - literally making it up as I went a long. It was a HUGE success and everyone wanted to know exactly what I threw into the pot.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g bratwursts
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml oregano
- 29.58 ml basil
- black pepper
- 425.24 g black beans, drained
- 425.24 g pinto beans, drained
- 425.24 g kidney beans, drained
- 453.59 g salsa
- 737.08 g tomato sauce (garden vegetable)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 396.89 g chicken stock
- 35.43 g chili seasoning mix, mix
- 340.19 g spiral shaped pasta
- In a large sauce pan heat oil. Slice up bratwurst and brown in pan, add onions, green peppers, oregano, basil, and fresh ground black pepper.
- When it becomes very fragrant add chicken broth and salsa. Fill salsa jar with water and add to pot. Add in all beans, tomato, and jar of sauce. Fill jar with water and add to pot. (You need lots of water before you add the pasta.) Empty package of chilli seasoning (or about 8 TB of chilli seasonings.).
- Bring to a rapid boil. Add box of spiral pasta (can be substituted with any large pasta like shells, bowties, or ziti.)Boil and Stir for about 5 minutes until pasta is tender. Most of the water will cook down and make the soup very hearty.