Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very flavorful, and hearty soup. It is great comfort food for those really cold nights. I made this for a Lent Soup/Salad dinner - literally making it up as I went a long. It was a HUGE success and everyone wanted to know exactly what I threw into the pot.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs bratwursts
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- black pepper
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 16 ounces salsa
- 26 ounces tomato sauce (garden vegetable)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 14 ounces chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix, mix
- 12 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- In a large sauce pan heat oil. Slice up bratwurst and brown in pan, add onions, green peppers, oregano, basil, and fresh ground black pepper.
- When it becomes very fragrant add chicken broth and salsa. Fill salsa jar with water and add to pot. Add in all beans, tomato, and jar of sauce. Fill jar with water and add to pot. (You need lots of water before you add the pasta.) Empty package of chilli seasoning (or about 8 TB of chilli seasonings.).
- Bring to a rapid boil. Add box of spiral pasta (can be substituted with any large pasta like shells, bowties, or ziti.)Boil and Stir for about 5 minutes until pasta is tender. Most of the water will cook down and make the soup very hearty.