Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb bratwurst, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add bratwurst; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center.
- Transfer bratwurst to plate.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet.
- Add bell pepper, onions, paprika and caraway seeds.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine bratwurst and vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
I loved the taste of the caraway-it gave just an added boost. Nice presentation with the red & green peppers. I browned & cooked the bratwurst, removed it from the pan then I fried the onions, almost carmelized them, added the spices and just before serving added the peppers for about 3 minutes so they were heated through but still crunchy. A do again recipe - Thanks RecipenutI left them whole this time - love the recipe
This turned out really well. I have to confess that the two of us devoured the whole recipe, so I would have to come up with a side dish to serve when the kids are home. It actually took 10 min. to cook the bratwurst, and it would have been another 10 min. to cook the peppers to the tender stage, but I only cooked them 5 because I got impatient. This is definitely a keeper.
I was surprised at how tasty this was with such few ingredients, I made it for my husband but couldn't keep my fork out of it, very easy too.