1/8 Photos of Bratwurst-Potato Skillet Dinner
This was really surprisingly good for such a quick and easy meal. The flavors blended well together and Dave added the mustard on the side. I thought this would serve 4 but Dave was hungry so I stated between 2-4 servings. He kept taking the brats out of the pan while I was cooking. From American Home Town Cookbook made my way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 4 -6 fully cooked bratwursts, cut into bite size pieces (I used Johnsonville)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- 1In a large heavy skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Cook the potatoes until they are lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- 3Add the bratwurst, onion, and red and yellow bell peppers.
- 4Stirring occasionally, cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- 5Combine the teriyaki sauce, orange juice, basil,and pepper in a small bowl.
- 6Stir the sauce mixture into the brats and vegetables, and heat through, about 5-10 minutes.
- 7We served this with Stone Ground Mustard on the side for dipping the brats.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bratwurst-Potato Skillet Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.8
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 2144.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 29.9 g