Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on the internet. Takes a little while to make but worth it.
- 8 bratwursts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- cook brats in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- remove from heat and let soak for 5 minutes.
- melt butter in a 10 to 12 inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Add brats, turning frequently, until golden brown on all sides.
- add water to skillet and reduce heat.
- simmer, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- replenish water with boiling water, a few tbsp at a time as needed.
- transfer sausages to plate and cover with foil.
- whisk flour and salt into the sour cream.
- stir the cream into the liquid remaining in the skillet, a few tbsp at a time.
- cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 5-8 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Do not boil.
- Slice brats into 1/4 inch slices, drop in sauce in skillet and heat through.