Recipe by ~Nimz~
These are a great change from your steak, pork, chicken kabobs. Prep time does not include the one hour refrigeration.
Top Review by Kim127
Fantastic!! But Nimz, I always have great luck with your recipes. I am not a fan of mustard at all so I cut it down to 2 tablespoons, but really, I wouldn't have picked the mustard flavor out without knowing it was there. Grilled up nicely and I have to say, it was one of the best ways to eat yellow squash I've tried yet. Made for ZWT6 for a Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens!
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons hot mustard
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) package bratwursts, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- metal skewers or wooden skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes before placing on the grill.
- In a resealable plastic bag or bowl, combine soy sauce, apple juice and hot mustard.
- Add onions, yellow squash and peppers and refrigerate for one hour.
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Thread bratwurst and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill over medium heat, turn and baste often, until vegetables are soft and bratwurst is cooked, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.