Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We often grill bratwurst during the summer and throughout the year. Our recipe flavors and glazes the brat's casing to a wonderful, dark color. The spray also keeps flare-ups down and helps reduce greasiness. The recipe evolved from just beer to a time-tested preparation that wows both our family and larger crowds of friends alike.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleof red beer (Killian's Red)
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 johnsonville bratwursts
- Wisk beer, pickle juice, soy sauce, Worchestershire sauce, vinegar and Coca-Cola in a non-reactive bowl until well blended and carbonation subsides. Transfer liquid to a clean, new spray bottle. Simmer bratwurst in beef broth for 10 minutes. Transfer brats to a medium-high grill. Grill brats. During grilling, spray bratwursts with grilling spray until well marked and dark in color. Serve brats with your favorite condiments.