Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and different casserole. Great way to use left over potatoes (I like to bake extra and use them instead of boiling). You can add mushrooms and top with french fried onions too. Garlic brats add a special zing!
- 6 bratwursts, you choose the flavor
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and chunked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook Brats and drain and cut into chunks.
- Mix together with the remaining ingredients.
- Place in buttered casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
A yummy casserole, easy to make, I baked a big potato in the microwave to use, Also added mushrooms and a can of french fried onions. Served it with a green salad for a complete meal. DH said this recipe is a keeper.
We enjoyed this casserole. I did omit the green beans but followed the rest of the recipe. To me, it was a bit too saucy. I think next time I make it, I will cut back on the milk some. I definitely enjoyed the leftovers today too!
Oooooh this was SO yummy!!!! The cheese baked into the soup sauce was a GREAT idea! :) I had gotten some brats reduced REALLY cheap for quick sale and this was the recipe I decided to try out for one of the packages and BOY am I glad that I did!!! My whole family enjoyed it! I put a little extra shredded cheese on top before serving and my 2 and 4 year olds and husband enjoyed it a lot! I'm excited to eat the leftovers tomorrow!!