1/3 Photos of Bratwurst Brandenburg Art (Bratwurst Brandenburg Style)
Member #610488's Note:
Traditional German recipe from a family friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bratwurst in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Cook 3 mins; drain.
- 2Melt butter in a skillet; add bratwurst to brown. Remove to a warm plate.
- 3Pour off all except 2 Tbsp fat. Add onions; saute until tender. Return sausages to skillet. Add bay leaves, beer, salt and pepper.
- 4Cook slowly for 15 minutes Add more beer during cooking, if needed.
- 5Remove bratwurst to a warm platter. Mix flour with a little cold water; stir into hot liquid.
- 6Cook, stirring, until liquid is a thick sauce; remove bay leaves. Add parsley; pour over sausage. Serve with mashed potatoes and red cabbage.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bratwurst Brandenburg Art (Bratwurst Brandenburg Style)
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.2
- Calories from Fat 722
- Total Fat 80.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 203.9 mg
- Sodium 2214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 36.2 g