Recipe by STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS
This is a great recipe for bratwurst lovers. I found this recipe off of " Recipes From a German Grandma" web site.
- 1 package bratwurst
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cabbage, sliced into wedges
- 1 bottle dark beer
- beef bouillon or salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausages- Start with 2 c. water and simmer the sausages in a skillet until water evaporates and sausage is browned on both sides.
- Add the onions and cook until tender and browned.
- Add apples and cook until soft.
- Add carrots and cabbage, and beer.
- Add the beef bouillon or some salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread, so that you can soak up the juice.