Recipe by simplerich
A surprising twist on a bratwurst that doesn't involve a grill or beer, and is great for cold days.
Top Review by Tiff P.
I was dying to eat some bratwursts, but I don't have a grill, so I was glad to find this recipe. It was absolutely delicious! I've made it twice and have some tips: (1) The amount of garlic is good, don't think it's too much. (2) I chose to use less pepper; as written, it's a bit strong. (3) Intersperse the apple, which you want to cut into smaller slices, and onion with the brats. Don't layer the onions on top; they won't take in the brat flavor. This recipe is wonderful and is now a staple for me!
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the defrosted brats with the garlic and leave it stuck to the brats.
- Lay the brats in the bottom of a foil lined pan, leave enough foil on the sides to tent it over the brats later.
- Quarter the onion and apple and spread the pieces out over the brats.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the whole thing and seal the foil over the top.
- Bake in a 350 oven for an hour.