Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A surprising twist on a bratwurst that doesn't involve a grill or beer, and is great for cold days.
Make and share this Bratwurst Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Rub the defrosted brats with the garlic and leave it stuck to the brats.
- Lay the brats in the bottom of a foil lined pan, leave enough foil on the sides to tent it over the brats later.
- Quarter the onion and apple and spread the pieces out over the brats.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the whole thing and seal the foil over the top.
- Bake in a 350 oven for an hour.
I was dying to eat some bratwursts, but I don't have a grill, so I was glad to find this recipe. It was absolutely delicious! I've made it twice and have some tips: (1) The amount of garlic is good, don't think it's too much. (2) I chose to use less pepper; as written, it's a bit strong. (3) Intersperse the apple, which you want to cut into smaller slices, and onion with the brats. Don't layer the onions on top; they won't take in the brat flavor. This recipe is wonderful and is now a staple for me!
Tasted great! Instead of baking for an hour, I placed the foil packet into my crock pot after lunch. No mess supper that stayed warm for staggered eating. I think I'll try it with Italian sausage next time.
So good! I made this with pears instead of apples for my roommate and I. We both really enjoyed it!<br/> Tip: I think this has been said before, but keep it covered for only about half of the time. It improves the color if the foil is removed after that.