Recipe by joanna.l.wilson
I'm not quite sure where this recipe came from. But, it's been a longtime favorite in my family. This is an unusual recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) packages bratwursts, white colored ones work best
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 lb flat noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Add onion, black pepper, and red pepper to pan. Saute until soft and golden.
- Add bratwurst to pan and brown. Remove bratwurst from pan.
- Add flour to pan & stir to absorb oil.
- Slowly add beer to pan & stir well. Return bratwurst to pan. Cover and simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- Slowy stir in sour cream. Make sure to gradually add sour cream so that it does not curdle.
- Heat through.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.