1/1 Photo of Bratwurst and Sauerkraut Casserole
7 hrs 15 mins
This is good used with Bavarian sauerkraut for a sweeter taste. Put in crock pot and forget about it. My mother made this first then passed the recipe to me. It originated from American Profile Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. I put mine in the crockpot.
- 2Drain and rinse sauerkraut in a colander.
- 3Mix with all the ingredients in a bowl and pour into large casserole dish (or put in crockpot) Cover and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Or let cook in crockpot on low for several hours until potatoes are tender. I usually add 1 can of water and mix well. Add more water accordingly throughout the day.
- 5I let mine cook all day on low.
- 6You can also try substituting the brown sugar with applesauce and apple chunks (1/2 cup each) for color and texture.
- 7I also use the Bavarian kraut--this gives this dish a sweeter flavor--even my kids like it.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bratwurst and Sauerkraut Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 1214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g