Recipe by Debbie R.
American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America
Top Review by kellychris
This dish was nice, but the beer did not cook off as much as I would have liked. It was very easy to put together and looked very nice though. My family just did not enjoy this. Thanks for letting me try something new- made for ZWT6- for the Xtra Hot Dishes.
- 1 lb apple-smoked bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- 1 cup medium barley
- 12 ounces beer
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brown brats, onions and celery over medium heat, stirring occasionally about 5 - 7 minutes until sausage is browned and onions are golden.
- Spray 2-qt casserole dish. Put brats in it. Add in everything else except peppers and parsley. Stir well. Cover tightly and bake 30 minute.
- Uncover. Stir in peppers. Bake 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.