Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although they can be made with a fine grind, we prefer the slightly coarse texture obtained with the 3/8 in. (0.95 cm) plate.
- 3 lbs veal, trimmed
- 7 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1 pint milk, cold
- 1 ounce fine salt
- 1⁄2 ounce white pepper, ground
- 2 ounces mace
- 2 ounces ginger
- 2 ounces nutmeg
- 1 lb powdered soy protein concentrate
- 4 large eggs, well-beaten
- 5 ounces fresh parsley, finely chopped
- collagen or hog casing (32-35 mm)
- veal stock, cold
- Grind the veal and pork with a 3/8 in. (0.95 cm) plate.
- Place the ground meat into a mixing tub and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix very thoroughly.
- Return to the cooler and chill at least 1 hour.
- Stuff the prepared casings.Tie into 4 in. (10 cm) links.
- Poach the sausages in good veal stock for the best flavor.
- Cover with the cold stock and heat gently.
- Maintain a temperature of no more than 160 F (710C). When the sausages reach an internal temperature of 140 F (60 C), remove from the stock.
- Cool quickly.
- Dry wrap, and refrigerate for use.
The spice ratios do NOT work when you change amounts! Proceed with caution INDEED!