Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posting for ZWT There are a few other Brat recipes, but this one is a little different and I am going to give it a try. Prep time includes 1 hour sitting time
- 1 lb coarse-ground pork
- 1 lb coarse-ground veal or 1 lb beef
- 2 teaspoons ground celery seed
- 2 teaspoons ground caraway
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh-grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients. Let sit for 1 hour, and mix again.
- Stuff into casings, or fry plain (best in casings).
I made half a recipe, using all pork (my beef wouldn't defrost in time) Great flavor! I scrambled it and used it in a pasta sauce - using the lean pork was a lot healthier than using prepared sausage, and still the same great taste. For ZWT6 N.