Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Grilled bratwurst adds a wonderful flavor to this potato and cucumber salad dressed with a tangy mustard vinegarette. I prefer the salad at room temperature but you can make it ahead and refrigerate.
- 5 bratwursts
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons German mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Grill bratwurst over medium coals, cool to room temperature and slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender, peel and slice 1/8 inch thick.
- Combine vinegar, oil, onion, chives, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place potatoes, bratwurst and cucumbers in a bowl, add dressing, toss to mix and sprinkle with fresh dill.
This is a delicious potato salad and the flavours blend beautifully. I particularly liked the dill. As an accompaniment to other dishes for a barbecue/grill/cook-out, there is plenty, but because I served it as a main dish with just a green salad alongside, I decided to increase the amount of potatoes. This worked well. Thanks for sharing this recipe.