1/3 Photos of Brattens Famous Clam Chowder
silly sally's Note:
Smooth, creamy, and OMG so good! This recipe comes from Brattens which used to be located in Salt Lake City, Utah, years ago. It's been gone for years, but this clam chowder lives on. What a legacy! The restaurant gave me the recipe back in the middle 60's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the prepared vegetables in a saucepan.
- 2Drain juice from clams and pour over the vegetables.
- 3Add enough water to BARELY cover.
- 4Simmer, covered over medium heat till barely tender.
- 5(DO NOT overcook!).
- 6In the meantime, melt butter in another medium saucepan.
- 7Add flour.
- 8Blend and cook, stirring constantly; add the cream.
- 9Cook and stir with wire whip, until smooth and thick.
- 10It is important that you stir constantly while cooking.
- 11Add undrained vegetables, clams and vinegar.
- 12Heat through, but do not boil again.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brattens Famous Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.4
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 39.4 g
- Cholesterol 242.7 mg
- Sodium 1345.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g