Recipe by tgobbi
An althernative to grilling the brats. You can make it in bad weather when you can't cook out.
Top Review by Selita
I am not a fan of brats, but my hubby and one of my little ones are BIG fans. I followed your recipe and made no adjustments (which is extremely rare!) and these were fantastic. They gobbled them right up! You get a big thumbs up, tgobbi, not only from my loves, but from me, too!! Excellent recipe, easy to follow and easy to make. I paired this up with a simple fresh garden salad and it all came together great! Thank you for sharing!!
- 2 medium onions, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 veal bratwursts
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add onions to pan& cook on medium high flame until tender& slightly browned at edges, about 8 minutes.
- Prick brats all over with a fork.
- Brown in same skillet as onions.
- Discard excess oil.
- Return onions; cook 1 minute.
- Add bourbon first, then water, thyme, S& P.
- Cook partially covered until brats are done, 15- 20 minutes.