Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice change from the usual way of cooking brats with beer. The mango and onion relish really brightens up the taste of grilled bratwurst!
- 1 large fresh mango, seeded, peeled, and halved
- 1 small red onion, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 4 (3 ounce) cooked smoked bratwursts (12 oz.)
- 4 buns, split
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- Brush mango and onion with 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- On rack of uncovered charcoal grill place mango halves, onion and brats directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 minutes, or until mango and brats are browned and heated through and onion is crisp-tender, turning once halfway through cooking. Lightly toast buns for 1-2 minutes, directly over medium coals, until lightly browned and wilted, turning once.
- For relish, chop grilled mango and onion. Combine in bowl with 1 tablespoon cooking oil, the jerk seaasoning, and salt and pepper. Serve brats in buns with relish and romaine.