1/3 Photos of Brats With Glazed Red Onions
2 hrs 10 mins
Being German, fall reminds me of Oktober fest, brats and beer! BUT brats also remind me of football games and the north woods too! This is a different type of brat recipe, esp with the addition of the marinated/grilled onions. From a grilling website. Prep time is marinating time and these can be done on a tabletop grill, outside or over the campfire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large dish or platter, mix the oil, vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- 2Cut the onions crosswise into 1/3-inch slices.
- 3Gently turn the slices over in the oil mixture, being careful to keep the slices from falling apart.
- 4Set aside at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours to marinate.
- 5Grill the onions and brats over Direct Medium heat until the onions are tender and the brats are browned, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 6Serve the brats inside the rolls and arrange the onions on top.
- 7Pass the mustard.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brats With Glazed Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 1071.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 16.1 g