Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My husband came up with this bachelor meal one day while I was working. He started too early, and just let the beer cook down to this wonderful thick gravy. These brats are SOOO tender. We love it with Mashed Potatoes! drool! If you dont like the measurements, change it up! We just eyeball it anyway, this is just an estimate!
- 5 bratwursts (1 package Johnsonville)
- 60 ounces Bud Light beer (5 bottles)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- black pepper (we do about 2 tablespoons)
- kosher salt (about 1 teaspoon)
- garlic powder (about 2 tablespoons)
- onion powder (about 2 tablespoons)
- sugar, to cut the bitterness (about a tablespoon)
- Put all ingredients in a tall pot, bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn heat down to med-low to a simmer.
- Simmer slowly for about 4 hours until beer is thick
- Serve with mashed potatoes.