Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious brat and pasta recipe
- 5 bratwursts (any flavor)
- 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat add sliced sausage to the skillet and cook.
- Add red pepper flakes and continue sauteing until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and continue until onion softens.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt, (if using fresh tomatoes, sauté them for 3 minutes until softened) then add light cream and Parmesan cheese; simmer gently until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the cooked pasta and basil, and heat through, about 3 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of fresh basil or shaved Parmesan cheese.