Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thirty minutes, one-half hour is all that is needed to serve this hearty soup. Serve with crusty bread and you have a meal.
- In a large saucepan melt butter; add carrots, celery, and onion cooking until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper; blend well.
- Slowly stir in beer and milk; add bratwurst.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese; cook stirring constantly, until melted.
This was good...I liked it more than my family did. This is a good soup for a cold January day. Thanks Barb.
This is a great soup that my father is really into. Bratwurst? Beer? In his eyes, what could be better?!