- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces smoked bratwursts, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan melt butter; add carrots, celery, and onion cooking until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper; blend well.
- Slowly stir in beer and milk; add bratwurst.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese; cook stirring constantly, until melted.