Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thirty minutes, one-half hour is all that is needed to serve this hearty soup. Serve with crusty bread and you have a meal.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces smoked bratwursts, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan melt butter; add carrots, celery, and onion cooking until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper; blend well.
- Slowly stir in beer and milk; add bratwurst.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese; cook stirring constantly, until melted.
This was good...I liked it more than my family did. This is a good soup for a cold January day. Thanks Barb.
This is a great soup that my father is really into. Bratwurst? Beer? In his eyes, what could be better?!