Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for those cookouts and tailgaiting !
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 6 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 24 bratwursts
- 20 ounces sauerkraut
- horseradish mustard
- 24 brat buns
- Boil brats in the beer in a large pan .
- Boil for about 10-15 minutes.
- Reserve beer.
- Place drained brats on grill (medium-high) and cook until nicely browned.
- Remove, and place in a large foil tray with the reserved beer and place on grill over low heat-just to keep warm.
- In a saucepan melt butter and add onions and peppers.
- Cook until ALMOST done, add marinara sauce and stir.
- Place in foil pan with brats.
- Warm sauerkraut and serve on the side with a horseradish mustard.