Recipe by Gingerbear
This is a great recipe for the summertime.
Top Review by Jennymouse
Maybe I´m wrong and that´s a recipe I´ve never heard of, but I think there´s a big mistake in it. I´m living in germany all of my live and I´ve never ever seen anybody cook his bratwurst or even heard of it. It belongs on a grill or into a pan and not into a pot of boiling water! If it was me, I´d make them as follows: Put the brats in a pan and fry them on medium heat, brush them with some of the beer every once in a while, and when they are done put the remaining ingrediensts for the sauce into the pan.
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer brats in water to cook.
- Be careful not to boil or the casings may crack.
- Brown the brats on a grill and put them into the sauce to add flavor and keep warm without overcooking until ready to serve.
- To make the sauce put all of the sauce ingredients together in a small loaf type pan and warm on the grill and after the brats are grilled, place the brats in the sauce on the grill.
- To serve: Use a good brat bun, spoon in a bit of sauce into the bun with some of the onion.
- Add the brat and top with your favorite condiments; mustard, ketsup, chopped onion and/or relish.
- The smell will attract hundreds of people.