Recipe by Chef Shadows
Brats cooked in onion,kraut, garlic and mustard. Great meal ! Source: Shadows Original
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Made as posted and served on hoagie rolls. Sloppy eating but very tasty and I will make these again. The onion and kraut make a great topper. Thanks for posting Shadows. Made for Choose Your Event Party.
- 2 bratwursts, fresh
- 1 onion, 2 inches in diameter, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, large, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all in a 7 inch skillet.
- Cover .
- Bring to a boil for 20 minutes.
- Stir and turn the brats over.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes more.
- Add beer as need to prevent burning.
- Serve on heated plates with kraut and onion on top or serve on rolls with added mustard.
- I sometimes crumble Stilton cheese on top.