1/1 Photo of Brats Dr Pepper Cake
Brats Dr Pepper Cake Brat is after my neice, she loves to make this cake also. This cake is so moist it's almost more pudding than cake. Also, you can replace the Dr Pepper with different flavored soda, and the vanilla pudding and German Chocolate cake with different flavors to make other cakes. For example strawberry soda and straberry cake and pudding mix for a Strawberry Soda Cake. The pudding will thicken the batter so make sure you mix it for about 5 min on med speed. I know it seems like a lot of liquid, but that's what makes the cake so moist. I've tried it, it's great! It's done when a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 92.13-90.71 boxg vanilla instant pudding mix
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 340.19 g can Dr. Pepper cola
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1Cake: Combine first 3 ingredients, beating with mixer until well blended.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Add Dr Pepper, mix well (about 5 min on med to med high speed will thicken that batter).
- 4Pour batter into 3 waxed-paper-lined 9 inch cake pans.
- 5(If you choose cherries, replace 1/4 cup of Dr. Pepper with 1/4 cup cherry juice).
- 6Bake 15 325 degrees for 35 min.
- 7Cool in pans 10 min.
- 8before removing.
- 9Frost when cool.
- 10Frosting:Beat first 5 ingredients until light and fluffy.
- 11(mix in pecans or cherries optional).
- 12or (use cherries or pecans as decoration after cake is frosted).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brats Dr Pepper Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8330.0
- Calories from Fat 4180
- Total Fat 464.4 g
- Saturated Fat 150.9 g
- Cholesterol 1237.9 mg
- Sodium 7376.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1023.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.5 g
- Sugars 829.2 g
- Protein 74.4 g