1/2 Photos of Brat, Beer and Cheese Soup
This is a recipe from one of the Penzey spice catalogs. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb potato, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 bratwursts, cooked and sliced
- 1Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, celery and carrots.
- 3Cook about 15 minutes or until tender, stirring every so often to keep from sticking.
- 4Stir in flour, cook about 1 minute.
- 5Add potatoes, stock and beer.
- 6Bring to a boil and cook 10- 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 7Add mustard powder, granulated garlic, salt and peppers.
- 8Combine milk and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- 9Stir into soup.
- 10Remove soup from heat.
- 11Add cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and smooth.
- 12Remove 2 cups of vegetables with some liquid and add to a blender or food processor.
- 14Stir back into the soup to give it nice body.
- 15Return to low heat and add sliced, cooked bratwurst.
- 16Cook until bratwurst is warm- about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brat, Beer and Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.4
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 883.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g