Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a copycat of Boston Pizza's house dressing which is delicious!!!! They said theirs contained sun dried tomatoes but it sure looked and tasted like Branston to me. This is now my signature dressing and is delicious on any green salad or vegetable dish!
- 1⁄3 cup branston pickle
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add water, vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar, pepper, and salt ; whisk to combine.
- Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil in slow steady stream until combined.
- (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Hey, this is yummo! I love Branston pickle and cheddar sannies, so fell for this dressing, as well. I made Ploughman's Lunch (which is British cold lunch plate with cheddar cheese, Branston pickle, salad, bread and butter, and perhaps apple, celery, crisps etc...) type of salad to go with it. Very good.
I love Branston pickle so I knew I had to try this! I enjoyed it a great deal but thought the oregano in it was too much. I would cut back on it the next time...maybe by half. I ended up using this as a dressing for a pasta salad. It worked nicely in that capacity. It complimented the peperoni, olives, carrots, cucumber and red pepper that was in the salad. A definite repeat...but with less oregano.