A easy gourmet treat to serve to guests.
Make and share this Brandy Snaps recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan melt butter, sugar and molasses, stirring until butter is dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Sift flour with salt and ginger and add into the mixture, stirring well adding lemon juice and vanilla.
- Drop the mixture a teaspoon at a time at least 4 inches apart on a well-greased baking (cookie) sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet with a sharp knife, turn over and roll around the handle of a wooden spoon (if they cool before they are rolled, return to the oven for a few moments) let cool. (These can be stored in a airtight tin container until ready to be used).
- Just before serving fill cooled brandy snaps with the whipped cream,preferably.
- Piping the cream through a pastry bag fitted with a star tube.