1/1 Photo of Brandy Snaps
24 hrs 5 mins
An old fashioned Australian favourite. My friend Liz is begged to bring these wherever she goes, and has given me a couple of lessons in making them. She is particular about getting the measaurements exact, so please note an Austrlain tablespoon contains 4 teaspoons. Heat your spoon in boiling water and the golden syrup will slide off easily. This recipe is from Australian Women's Weekly Beautiful Book of Biscuits (cookies).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the syrup, butter and brown sugar into a saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted.
- 2Remove from the heat and add the sifted flour and ginger; mix well.
- 3Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto lightly greased trays; three brandy snaps only to a tray to allow for spreading (which they will).
- 4To make life easy, only bake 1 tray at a time; bake for 5 minutes, remove from oven, allow to sit on tray a further minute.
- 5Have ready 3 wooden spoons.
- 6Using a spatual or knife, lift brandy snaps from tray.
- 7Working quickly, roll immediately around the handle of a wooden spoon; allow to firm and cool on the spoon handle.
- 8Repeat on cold trays with remaining mixture.
- 9Pipe whipped cream into each end of the brady snap to serve, but this must be done just before serving or they will go soft.
- 10Alternatively, you can shape the warm biscuit (cookie) over a glass and fill it with fruit, mousse or ice cream etc.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandy Snaps
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g