Recipe by Iron Bloomers
A fantastic pecan pie warm or cold!
Top Review by bratty
i don't eat nuts so i did not try this myself. i took it to work and everyone really loved it. i guess they didn't recognize the brandy, but noticed it was a little different from a standard pecan pie. "what did you put in this?" got that a lot. so, it's a keeper! it was also really easy, first pecan pie i had ever made.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl place pecans and pour in brandy; let sit 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In medium bowl combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, corn syrup, salt and flour, mixing well.
- Stir in melted butterand brandied nuts.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Cover crust edges with narrow strips of foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 350° and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake 15 minutes more till puffed and golden.
- A knife inserted 1/2 way between edge and center will come out clean.
- Serve warm or cold topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.