Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This really makes quite an elegant appitizer. I got this recipe from the Best of Bridge series. It is fast, easy and really, really delicious
- Combine brown sugar, pecans, and brandy. Set aside.
- Score top of the cheese and place on an oven proof platter.
- Bake at 400 for 4 - 5 minutes, until cheese is softened.
- Mound sugar mixture over cheese.
- Bake 2 to 3 minutes more until sugar is melted.
- Serve with crackers.
- Note: I use my toaster oven to cook this. I have seen this recipe done up on a larger wheel of brie -- the sauce just needs to be adjusted.
Yes! I have been looking for this recipe everywhere. I made it for a dinner party years ago from a recipe I got from a friend, couldn't remember what was in it, so thank you for this! Very simple but absolutely delicious.
I used chopped walnuts instead of the pecans or cashews and they were fine. I did not remove the rind. It was easy to make and everyone loved this delicious recipe.
Very nice baked Brie - tasted lovely - but I made this without knowing the answer to a very necessary question: I was unclear whether or not the rind needed to be removed from the Brie before scoring and baking? I wasn't sure what to do. I did remove the rind and it was fine, but I'm not too sure if this was the right thing to do...