Recipe by Abby Girl
This really makes quite an elegant appitizer. I got this recipe from the Best of Bridge series. It is fast, easy and really, really delicious
Top Review by Monstre Dame
Yes! I have been looking for this recipe everywhere. I made it for a dinner party years ago from a recipe I got from a friend, couldn't remember what was in it, so thank you for this! Very simple but absolutely delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 7 1⁄2 ounces brie cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, pecans, and brandy. Set aside.
- Score top of the cheese and place on an oven proof platter.
- Bake at 400 for 4 - 5 minutes, until cheese is softened.
- Mound sugar mixture over cheese.
- Bake 2 to 3 minutes more until sugar is melted.
- Serve with crackers.
- Note: I use my toaster oven to cook this. I have seen this recipe done up on a larger wheel of brie -- the sauce just needs to be adjusted.