Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
A rich moist cake ideal for company.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg, minus shell
- 1⁄4 salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla yogurt
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for pan
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream margarine; gradually add the sugar, beating well with electric mixer set at medium.
- Add egg whites 2 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine yogurt, brandy and vanilla; stir well. Add to creamed mixture beating well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; gradually add to yogurt mixture.
- Beat and additional minute.
- Pour batter into a baking pan with high sides or a Bundt pan coated in cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in cake.
- Yield 16 serves.