1/1 Photo of Brandy Meyer Lemon Marmalade
Fabulous lemon marmalade with perfect balance of sweetness and sourness. The inspiration for this came from Gourmet Magazine. It is very important to remove foam and scum while cooking this marmalade to produce clarity to this marmalade. The pits work to jell this marmalade. This makes 3 pint size jars with a little leftover. Everything except the seeds are jarred (do not peel). Seeds are used for jelling only and later removed. This marmalade is for Meyer lemons. I have not tried this recipe with regular lemons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve lemons crosswise and remove seeds. Tie seeds in a cheesecloth bag. Quarter each lemon half and thinly slice. Combine with bag of seeds and water in a 5-quart nonreactive heavy pot and let mixture stand, covered, at room temperature 24 hours.
- 2Bring lemon mixture (including the bag of seeds) to a boil over moderate heat and add brandy. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until reduced to approximately 4 cups, about 45 minutes. Stir in sugar and boil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally and skimming off all foam and scum until it reaches 215 to 220°F Remove the bag of seeds.
- 3Ladle hot marmalade into 3 pint size jars and wipe rims with dampened cloth and seal jars with lids.
- 4Put jars in a water-bath canner or on a rack set in a deep pot. Add enough hot water to cover jars by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Boil jars, covered, 15 minutes and transfer with tongs to a rack. Cool jars completely.
- 5Marmalade keeps, stored in a cool, dark place, up to 1 year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandy Meyer Lemon Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (2358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1199.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 298.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 287.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g