Recipe by Steve P.
Gourmet Holiday Cookies
Top Review by Rachie P
I have no idea what happened to mine, so I won't give it a star rating. Maybe I wasn't patient enough because I could NOT get the cookie to wrap around the wooden spoon - they'd just fall off. The very few that I got on cooled so much that I couldn't get them off! Maybe I was impatient and this was supposed to take a long time and that was my problem. I WILL say, they tasted really great!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Karo light corn syrup or 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup very finely chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- melted white chocolate (optional) or melted semisweet chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Lightly grease and flour cookie sheets.
- In small saucepan combine sugar, margarine, and corn syrup.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- ,stirring constantly.
- Remove fom heat.
- Stir in flour, pecans and brandy.
- Drop 12 evenly spaced half teaspoonfuls of batter onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes until cookies can be lifted but are still warm and pliable; remove with spatula.
- Curl around handle of a wooden spoon;slide off when crisp.
- If cookies harden before curling, return to oven to soften.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- If time is limited, curling of the cookies is optional.