Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is my favorite recipe for Cornish hens, although I only make them a few times a year because they are not a favorite of DH. I usually make them if my sisters are coming over.
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine parsley, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of butter. Stuff half of mixture into cavity of each hen and secure legs with kitchen twine.
- Place hens in pan breast side up and rub with the other 1/4 cup butter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine jelly and brandy and cook over low heat until the jelly melts.
- After hens have cooked 30 minutes, pour the jelly mixture over the hens and cook another 30 minutes, basting frequently.