- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 55 g caster sugar, extra
- 2 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream, milk and sugar in a small pan.
- Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks and extra sugar in a small bowl with mixer until thick, gradually pour milk mixture into egg mixture, beating constantly.
- Return mixture to pan, stir over low heat, without boiling, until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain the mixture, stir in the brandy, and serve warm or cold.