Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy rich creamy sauce for over steaks or chicken or even pork chops.
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup cream
- Melt butter in pan over moderate heat and add the garlic, spring onions and the mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the brandy and cream and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 5minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve poured over steak, chicken or pork.
Have always put white wine in my mushroom sauce until now. Had the brandy down for another recipe so googled this recipe. The sauce was just delicious! Will always make my sauce like this from now on. I added lots of freshly ground mixed peppercorns.
very good! the mushrooms, shallots & garlic tasted much better than the sauce. the sauce kept separating if i didn't stir constantly, but i used fat free half and half instead of cream. that might've done it. was excellent served over white rice that was cooked in a little lemon juice and thai basil. yum!
Big hit with my husband and 11 yr old daughter! So easy to make. I used the brandy and couldn't even taste it.