Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
Wow your sweetie with this decadent dish for Valentine's Day or any loving occasion. Truly a unique and fun dish.
- 1⁄4 cup salt, plus
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pure olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄3 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt into water in a large bowl or zip-top plastic bag until dissolved. Add chicken and allow to brine for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove breasts from brine, rinse with water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Pour flour onto a plate or pie pan and roll each breast in flour, patting gently to lightly coat.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat in a heavy 12-inch skillet. Swirl to mix, and cook until butter begins to color. Lay breasts in pan and cook, undisturbed, until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and cook on second side, undisturbed, until juices begin to clot around pieces, 5–7 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm in the oven while making sauce.
- Add chicken broth to skillet, scraping to release any brown bits. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, 8–10 minutes. Add cherries and vinegar; boil until spoon scraped across pan bottom leaves a visible path in sauce, 8–10 minutes. Stir in chocolate and add brandy. Spoon over chicken breasts and serve.
- PER SERVING: 384 cal.