Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 500 g chicken livers
- cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 3 tablespoons red onions, minced
- Rinse and pat dry chicken livers. Remove any fat or tendon like material, then slice each liver in half. Add pepper to flour then dredge the meat in the seasoned flour. Pat off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large pan set over medium-high heat and saute shallots until soft.Toss in chicken livers and saute a few minutes. Add brandy, stir around for a minute, then add cream and sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a couple of minutes, until sauce thickens. Stir in butter to finish the sauce, then toss in parsley.
- Top baguette slices with mixture and sprinkle with some red onion for colour and a bit of bite.