5 hrs 50 mins
5 hrs 30 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
These cornish hens are stuffed with a cornbread stuffing enhanced with brandy and pecans, and then flavored with a butter-brandy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (1 lb) Cornish hens
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup the apricot brandy or 1/4 cup peach brandy or 1/4 cup plum brandy
- 1Remove the giblets from the hens, reserve for another use. Rinse hens with cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle cavity of each with salt and pepper. Secure neck skin to back with a toothpick and lift wing tips up and over back so they are tucked under hen. Lightly stuff cavity of hen with the pecan stuffing; close the cavity and secure with toothpicks. Tie leg ends to tail with a string.
- 2Brush hens with butter and sprinkle generously with pepper. Combine the remaining butter with the brandy.
- 3Place hens breast side up in a large shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F degree for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the hens. Baste every 10 minutes with brandy mixture.
- 4For Pecan Stuffing: Combine the apple juice, brandy, and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until the butter melts. Add the stuffing mix and pecans stirring lightly--- stuff Cornish hens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandy-Buttered Cornish Game Hens With Pecan Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 990.7
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 474.1 mg
- Sodium 958.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 96.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: