weekend cooker's Note:
Great filling that is balanced out with a buttery crust, making for a delightful treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FILLING
- 1In a large bowl, combine the 2 1/3 cups of flour, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- 2Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- 3Divide dough in half, so that one portion is slightly larger than the other, wrap each in plastic wrap.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 5In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook raisins in brandy for 13-15 minutes or until raisins are plump. Strain reserving liquid, and set raisins aside.
- 6In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Add the apples, lemon juice, raisins, and 1/2 teaspoon of the reserved liquid in the previous step.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit in a 9 inch pie plate.
- 8Transfer pastry to pie plate.
- 9Trim pastry even with the edges, then add apple filling, and dot with butter.
- 10Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie, and place over the filling.
- 11Trim, seal, and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry, and cover edges loosely with foil.
- 12Bake at 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly.
- 13Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandy Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: