Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. April 2008. Serve with lemon broccoli and mashed potatoes.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan. Add shallots to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and mustard to pan; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in brandy. Return steaks to pan, and cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve sauce with steaks.
I loved this....the steaks turned out perfect...I did use Brownwood Farms Kreme Mustard instead of Dijon otherwise followed the recipe....