Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A congealed version of the Frozen Brandy Alexander Pie for those of us that like cool pies with a kick.
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crusts or 1 9 inch chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Whip cream until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add cooled gelatin mixture, sugar, brandy and creme de cacao, mixing until well blended.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and shaved or grated chocolate.
This is beyond heavenly! It is exquisite, elegant and melt in your mouth good. I made it for our anniversary so instead of a crust, I ground almonds and put them in the bottom of of crystal champagne glasses. Then put a layer of the cream and shaved some high grade chocolate on; another layer of creme and topped it all with more shaved chocolate and a few more almonds. It is VERY rich and filling so it does easily make 10 servings. It was so good my husband told me to put it in my heirloom recipe book for our girls. Thank you Scout33. This will be our dessert for special occasions. One of those you could look a lifetime for.