Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really great tasting and hearty soup! Its very healthy and filling!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups canned Italian tomatoes (and their juice)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- In a large soup pot heat oil.
- Add onions and cook until golden.
- Then add celery and carrots and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, bay leaf, thyme, and toss for a minute.
- Then add the tomatoes and their juice, and salt and pepper to taste, and the beef stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Add zucchini, cabbage,and cook until veggies are tender.
- Finally, add your pasta and cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add freshly grated parmesan cheese.