Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughter still asks me to make this at least once a week, and always has ever since she could talk! She's now 12. 'Nuff said.
- 1 lb ground turkey (or extra lean beef)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated (light cheese)
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all the loaf ingredients in a mixing bowl - This is usually the kids' favourite part!
- Transfer to a loaf pan and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain any visible fat.
- Combine glaze ingredients and pour overtop of the loaf, and place back in the oven for 15 minutes longer.
This recipe was so yummy and fun to make with my 4 year old son!
Yummy. Kids loved it, and it was easy-peasy to make.
This is so simple and delicious! I used turkey, panko bread crumbs, and only half the amount of cheese. Great for dinner and also made excellent sandwiches with sliced cold leftover meatloaf.Thanks for sharing brandi! Made for Fall PAC 2011.